Hub motor technology is also known as in-wheel motor technology, whose biggest characteristic is that power devices, transmission devices and brake devices are integrated into the hub to greatly simplify the mechanical part of electric vehicles. Hub motor technology is not new. Electric cars with wheel hub motors on the front wheels have been built since 1900, and in the 1970s, the technology was used in areas such as mine transporters.
1. Clean and wipe the motor: Due to the bad working environment of hub motors, it is necessary to remove dust and water in time, dust, and other aspects. If the environment is dusty, it can be cleaned once a day to ensure the integrity of its sealing. The cleaning area includes the outside of the hub motor base, the starting equipment of the motor and the bearings in the motor.
2. Daily check motor: Check and clean wheel hub motor wiring terminals. Check whether the wiring screws of the junction box are loose or burned. Check screws of fixed parts, including anchor screws, end cover screws, bearing cover screws, etc. Tighten the loose nut. Check whether the drive device, pulley or coupling are forced or damaged and installation is firm. Check whether the belt and its buckle are in good condition.
3. Timely heat dissipation: Hub actually absorb a lot of heat because of the friction of tires and brakes, and if the heat can not be distributed as soon as possible through the hub, the tire and brake disc will cause damage. Therefore, He Neng Electric suggested the focus of wheel hub motor maintenance is to achieve timely heat dissipation.
4. Motor bearing lubrication: Hub motor bearings should be replaced with grease or lubricating oil after a period of use. During the oil change period, it should be determined by the working condition, working environment, cleanliness degree and lubricant type of the motor. Generally, the grease should be changed again every 3 to 6 months. When the oil temperature is higher or the environmental conditions are poor, the motor with more dust should be cleaned and changed frequently.
5. Annual overhaul: In addition to the regular maintenance of the wheel hub motor according to the above several items, the wheel hub motor should be overhauled once after running for a year. The purpose of overhaul is to carry out a thorough and comprehensive inspection and maintenance of the motor, add missing and worn components of the motor, completely eliminate the dust and dirt inside and outside the motor, check the insulation, clean the bearing and check its wear. Identify problems and deal with them in time.